Sunday 15 September 2013

On my sewing table

Having lost last weekend to a cold I wanted to make the most of this weekend sewing wise.  

I had plans to make a dress from scratch to add to my autumn winter wardrobe but my head isn't in the right place to enjoy sewing.  At the moment it would feel like a chore so I cut out two dresses.  Leaving the 'fun' bit for another day when I'm in a good place to sew.

I have a gorgeous tactile needle cord print cut out a sheath dress (simplicity 1754) the picture doesn't inspire me but the line drawing does.  I'm planning version A with long sleeves in my minds eye I can see the completed dress though I may have to lower the neckline a little. 




The second dress, I cut out is the shirt dress version of simplicity 1880 in a black cotton with tiny blue flowers.  I'm excited and nervous to sew this, I think it will turn out great but first I have to face my nemesis buttonholes!  A new challenge for me I usually opt for poppers or designs that don't need functional buttons.




Does anyone else do that, have projects cut and ready to go with no real time scale for completion?  Am I alone in thinking that the cutting out process is a necessary evil, the pain before the satisfying bit the sewing? 

Let me know Ruth

2 comments:

  1. Hello! I can't find a contact page, so I'm commenting to let you know you've won second in my give away! Email me your address- at freyamgilbert@gmail.com - and I'll post it out to you asap

    Freya May
    The Dressmaking Diaries :D

    ReplyDelete