Sunday 29 September 2013

Cushions for Christmas!

There I said it the 'C' word, every year I try and make as many gifts a possible for those who I know appreciate the pleasure of having a hand made item.

Last year everyone had a crocheted blanket for Christmas, they also had blankets the year before so this year I'm changing tack slightly.   One brother is having another blanket and the other one is having cushions.  

These cushions, I bought feather cushion pads and have made covers.  Both are pillowcase stylie with no buttons or zips and fully machine washable.  The Patterned cover is made from 2 fat quarters and the other is made of corduroy.

Perhaps an unusual choice for a cushion but the texture is nice and it makes for a more robust cover that will last for years.





The background is a crocheted granny blanket, I made for myself, that adds a real splash of colour to the living room.    The squares were sown together months ago but its still waiting for the final finishing sewing in all the loose ends.  My least favorite part! :-( but I think it looks good.



 My other brothers blanket is large enough to use as a bedspread, as requested and is made up of larger than usual squares.   There are 2 rounds of each colour making each square twice the normal size.






Thanks for reading 

Freetimeroo xo

No comments:

Post a Comment