Sunday 8 September 2013

A tale of 3 dresses




3 dresses


A couple of weeks ago I had a week off work started a blog and made 3 dresses for my Autumn/Winter wardrobe. Two cotton long sleeved dresses and a pinafore dress.  

The first I've already blogged about a little is another Simplicity 2444 (my 3rd) this time made up in cotton lawn with a lovely simple floral design.  





Overall I like the fit better on this version .


Simplicity 2444 version 3


Simplicity 1880




Simplicity 1880 was the 2nd dress in this marathon and though I like the fit on the shoulders and waist the wrap over top suffers a little from gape-age bordering on the indecent!  Certainly not suitable for work to combat this and the family's view that it looks like a house coat I added 4 vintage style buttons to the top.  The jurys still out on wether this one will get worn or revamped into something else.
I love the fabric though.







Simplicity 3673




The third but by no means least was the simplicity 3673 a reproduction of a vintage style.  It will never look quiet as svelte on me as it does on the envelope but i looks good on and is comfortable to wear all day.











Overall i'm pretty happy with the results




What do you think?


Roo xo

No comments:

Post a Comment